23.2.15

Crustless quiche

A little while ago my sister and I hosted a joint dinner party for some of our friends. One of the things we wanted to try and make for this dinner party was a crustless quiche. Now I have to admit when I first started looking up recipes for crustless quiche I became a bit despondent, because they all seem like such hard work. We therefore ended up adapting our own little recipe and I do have to say, it's so simple and quick to make. Hardly any fuss...lol. 



Base and basic filling ingredients:



Method: 
1. Boil potatoes and when soft, mash together with the butter/marg and salt.
2. Spray a baking dish with a non-stick spray & press the mashed potatoes into your baking dish to make an even crust.
3. Bake the crust in the oven for 10-20 min (I had my oven at 180 degrees), till it is starting to go a golden brown.
4. Whisk basic filling ingredients together.


We made two types of quiches. 

Mushroom, onion and thyme:
250g sliced button mushrooms 
1 finely chopped brown onion
1 Tbs butter/margarine
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
1 tsp dried thyme



Method: 
1. Gently melt the butter in a pan and then add the mushrooms, onion, garlic and herb seasoning. Fry for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the thyme into the basic quiche filling.
3. Add the mushroom & onion mixture to the basic quiche filling. 
4. Pour the mixture into the baked base & bake at 180 degrees for 40 - 45 mins. 

Spinach and feta:

150g baby spinach 
¼ cup feta (cubed)



Method: 
1. Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. 
2. Wilt by pouring boiling water over them & draining. 
3. Mix spinach with feta & mix into basic mix.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! I have tried crustless quiche before but I have a feeling that the potato here makes this one a lot better than mine! Thanks for sharing!

    Ashley
    Sunday Brunch

    ReplyDelete