Base and basic filling ingredients:
1. Boil potatoes and when soft, mash together with the butter/marg and salt.
2. Spray a baking dish with a non-stick spray & press the mashed potatoes into your baking dish to make an even crust.
3. Bake the crust in the oven for 10-20 min (I had my oven at 180 degrees), till it is starting to go a golden brown.
4. Whisk basic filling ingredients together.
We made two types of quiches.
Mushroom, onion and thyme:
250g sliced button mushrooms
1 finely chopped brown onion
1 Tbs butter/margarine
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
1 tsp dried thyme
1. Gently melt the butter in a pan and then add the mushrooms, onion, garlic and herb seasoning. Fry for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the thyme into the basic quiche filling.
3. Add the mushroom & onion mixture to the basic quiche filling.
4. Pour the mixture into the baked base & bake at 180 degrees for 40 - 45 mins.
Spinach and feta:
150g baby spinach
¼ cup feta (cubed)
1. Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves.
2. Wilt by pouring boiling water over them & draining.
3. Mix spinach with feta & mix into basic mix.