1.12.14

Apple and cinnamon cupcakes

This past weekend, we did a little bit of celebrating. It was a celebration of all that we're thankful for and of the special friendships we have. This is known to most as Friendsgiving. Now here in South Africa we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, although I really think we should. I love the idea of looking at your life and celebrating all that you have, realising how blessed you are (because people tend to focus on only the bad) and just being happy with it. So for this Friendsgiving I was asked to bring along a dessert, and I wanted to make something Thanksgiving worthy. 



Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°.

In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 
baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt.

In another bowl cream together the 
butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  

Add in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.  

Add the flour mixture and the 
apple juice until well combined.

Fold in the shredded apple.

Fill cupcake cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.

Brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla icing


Method:

Mix together all of the ingredients 
until light and fluffy.  

Ice your cupcakes as desired.  

I added cute little candy hearts 
for that extra special touch.  


Did you, have any Thanksgiving celebrations?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are great, I've just tested them out and I think I'll definitely be adding this to my recipe book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete