20.10.14

DIY embossed jars

With all this lovely weather we've been having, our little garden has become this corner of beautiful colour. The roses in particular are doing exceptional well, so currently the house has a vase of roses in practically every room. The only problem with this is that I don't have enough vases for all of these roses. Which then got me thinking of what I could improvise with; and that's when I thought of this embossed jar idea I had seen a while back.


Method

If you're anything like me and your free hand is terrible, 
you can use the permanent marker to
 write out the words on your jars.

Using your glue gun, go over the words you have chosen
 to display on your jars. 
Allow the glue to dry for at least 10-15 minutes.

Once the glue has dried, using the spray paint 
cover the jars in your chosen colour.
I did at least two coats of spray paint.

And there you have it, your very own embossed jar.

You could do it in as many colours as you like. 
For example I did a brown and a gold option. 
My writing looks a bit wonky, but holding a jar and 
going over the letters with a glue gun is a lot harder than you think (lol).

Have you done any fun and crafty DIY things around your home lately?

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! This has been on my to-do list for ages to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have to gee it a try. It's so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete