18.8.14

Rice Krispies cupcakes

I'm back, sorry I missed Friday's post (I know how a lot of you look forward to those funnies) but with the move and everything else I just didn't get around to writing and scheduling the post. 

This past weekend I combined two of my favourite childhood treats, icing and Rice Krispies treats, and made these delicious Rice Krispies cupcakes. These are a definite must try!


Directions

In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. 

Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.

Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. 
Add Rice Krispies cereal, stir until well coated

Evenly divide mixture into prepared cupcake moulds. 
Store in fridge for up to 12 hours.


In a large mixing bowl mix together the butter, 
vanilla extract and icing sugar.

Divide the icing into two bowls and add the colour to each bowl.
Scoop into the piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with the icing.

And there you go, delicious Rice Krispie cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing Mel! And so easy to do, will definitely be trying this recipe out. Thanks for the inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Roxy. They are amazing and so easy to make.

      Delete
  2. YUMMY! I love the vanilla touch :) Will definitely be making these asap!

    Loren | www.minkys.co.za

    ReplyDelete