On Monday night I made yet another carb free meal; meatballs and pasta. So right about now, after reading pasta you may be going, "Uhm Mel, I hate to break it to you but that's a carb." Well think again because I made zucchini pasta, and it was so scrumptious. What's even better about this meal whole, is it took less than an hour to prepare and cook (combined)!
500g ground beef
2 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup almond flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 can whole tomatoes
1 tsp mixed herbs
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form into golf ball sized meatballs and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the tomatoes; mixed herbs and pepper.
- Once the meatballs have baked for 20 minutes, baste them with the sauce and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Cut the zucchinis lengthwise using a vegetable peeler, and then slice into thinner strips resembling spaghetti.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir zucchini in the hot oil for about a minute. Add the water and cook until softened.
- Remove the zucchini from the heat and take the meatballs out the oven
- Plate up the zucchini, pasta, meatballs and serve.
Do you have any carb free recipes you'd like to share?