7.7.14

Ginger delight

I don't even know where to being with this post, so I'll just start with, the wonderful gift I received. My very own beautiful purple striped KMix. Yay, I finally have a proper mixer for all that baking/cooking I'll be doing once again. Just look at it, it's so pretty.



So when one receives a beautiful gift such as this, the only other thing left to do is bake, and oh boy did we bake. We made what I can honestly say are the most delicious gingerbread biscuits I have ever tasted. All thanks to the wonderful allrecipes website. The amount of ideas I find here on a daily bases, it's just amazing. We went a little different with this recipe. 

Gingerbread men, women and caterpillars

Ingredients 
350g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
115g butter, cubed
175g soft light brown sugar
4 tablespoons golden syrup
1 egg, beaten


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C°.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate and ginger into a bowl. Mix in the butter until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar.
3. Beat the syrup and egg together then add to the flour mixture.
4. Knead the dough until smooth. Roll out to ½ cm thick on a lightly floured surface.


5. Using cookies cutters, cut out as many men (in our case men, women and caterpillars) shapes as possible. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.


7. Allow to cool, then start decorating with icing.

Royal icing

Ingredients
1 egg white
250g icing sugar
Food colouring of choice

Method
1. Place egg white in a bowl and beat with electric beater until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until soft peaks form once again.
3. Divide icing into bowls and add food colouring.
4. Now go wild with the decorating. 

We made 64 biscuits in total. I think the photos speak for themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment