14.4.14

What's the point

Often when I mention to people that I have a blog, their first response is “but why?” And well recently I’ve been getting that question a lot. So that got me thinking, “Why do I have a blog, what’s the purpose?” So I sat down and had a look (let’s be honest, it took all of five minutes) and came up with quite a few reasons as to why I blog.

I'm more focused
To blog requires time, devotion, commitment, and discipline. Because of this I’ve become a lot better at managing my time and ensuring I not only work hard but play hard as well.

I inspire others
Yes, can you believe it, little me has inspired someone? I’ve recently been a part of the #100happydays challenge and the response I’m getting from each 100happydays update post has just been amazing. Comments of how I’ve inspired some readers to go out there and look at their lives in a different light. Who knew a challenge as simple as that could inspire?

It’s made me a better writer and communicator
I didn’t plan it, it just kind of happened. I used to be the person who bottled up all her feelings and never spoke her mind, too afraid to hurt others feelings. Now I’ve become a whole lot better at telling (both verbally and in written format) people how I truly feel.

I’m a better thinker
Blogging has forced me to stop, take a breath and think. Not just think about my life, but the life of others. I now sit back and access a situation (sometimes I have a weak moment and don’t think at all) before just jumping in and dealing with the consequences later. I think about each step in my life and how this will benefit the future I am trying to build for myself. 



I now live a life of purpose
Before I used to just sit around and wait for things to happen to me, or others to make plans with me. Until I realised that life was passing me by. Also once you start writing about your life, you think more about who you are, and if you like what you see or not. And believe me there have been a few things that I have not liked at all.

I now look for the meaningful things in life
As much as I would like to, I simply can’t blog about every single thing that happens to me. Mainly because we’d be here all day but secondly because I would bore you all to death. So deciding what to share and what to keep private forces you to see what is actually worthwhile.

Meeting new people
Through all the comments, emails, Facebook messages and Tweets, I’ve formed so many meaningful relationships with people and other bloggers. One of the best things about the blogging community is that it’s one of the most friendly, encouraging, and genuinely honest environments you can ever surround yourself with.

It’s a journal.
I’ve never been one to write in a journal and share their daily feelings or experiences, but I write a blog? So when you actually sit down and think about it, my blog is my journal. It’s a digital record of my life. What’s even better is it will never be lost, stolen, or destroyed.

So why do you blog, or if you don’t have a blog why do you read people’s blog?

3 comments:

  1. I've also learnt discipline, to open up, making new friends, learning new things, journaling. So I blog because it liberates me from my thoughts and teach me confidence.

    I love reading your blog, so keep going
    Xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Vhutali. That really means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Very true! Plus blogging is just FUN!

    ReplyDelete