10.3.14

Vanilla butter cookies

This past weekend I decided to do something which I haven't done in a really long time, partially because I'm hardly home, and when I am home I don't really have the time. Now you're probably wonder what this is? Well this weekend I did a little baking. I tried my hand at some delicious Vanilla Butter Cookies and they worked out so well. Not to mention that they taste amazing, if I do say so myself. 

Ingredients
125g unsalted butter room temperature
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¾ cup self-raising flour
⅔ cup plain flour
2 tablespoons milk


Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using an electric beater, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium sized bowl.
2. Sift the self-raising and plain flour together in a bowl. Add half the sifted flour to the butter mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix until combined. Add the milk and mix well.
3. Add the remaining sifted flour. Mix until the dough is soft and doesn't stick to the sides of the bowl. If the mixture is a little dry, add an extra tablespoon of milk.
4. Roll the dough into balls and then place the balls about 4cm apart on lined baking trays.

5. Use a fork to flatten the dough slightly. Bake the cookies, for 18-20 minutes or until the biscuits rise, are slightly cracked on top and are light golden underneath. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! They seem super easy! They must be so good with a cup of tea. Will definitely make them soon :)

    Loren | www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they're delicious. They got devoured in less than our by everyone ;)

      Delete
  2. Yummy these look awesome, can't wait to try them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look yumm and sound super easy to make, but in my next life.

    please share. lol

    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete