10.2.14

Little minds

I've spoken about my job before and how much I really really love it (no I'm not making it up) but what I haven't mentioned before is that one of the perks of my job is that it's a family run business. So the environment is a lot more friendly and caring than that of a big corporation. Now I'm not here to tell you about the inner workings of the company I work for, what I'm actually here for is to tell you about a few childhood memories of mine. 

These particular memories were jogged the other day when my boss's two year old daughter come to the office (she visits quite often and each time she manages to amuse us all over again). She was bouncing around the office being her usual adorable self when next second she starts talking about Tinker Bell and how she is going to find her in the trees outside (because apparently she lives in the gardens surrounding the building). This got me thinking to some of the cute and silly yet adorable (or so my parents told me) things I used to get up to when I was a child. 



  • I would make my parents write love notes to me (even though I couldn't read).
  • I would play golf in the garden with my dad's putter.
  • Every tree (no matter how big or small) turned into a tree house. 
  • I tried to act (and dress) like every Disney princess I had ever seen. Yes, these was a Jasmine midriff era there somewhere...lol.
  • I tried, very unsuccessfully to dress the dogs up in my doll's clothing. 
  • I would always ask to have a sip of my dad's beer even though I didn't (and still don't) like the taste. 
  • I would line up all my teddy bears and Barbies from smallest to biggest (think that's where my mild OCD started) and then pretend they were at a ceremony of some kind. 
  • Every Sunday lunch my dad would pour my sister and I each a liqueur glass of wine and I really thought they were wine glasses for children. 
  • Once when my parents were out to dinner my sister and I built a fort on their bed. We used a whole lot of rope, blankets and cushions. 

Oh to be a child again without a care in the world and having your biggest problem be with which toys you were going to play with that day. 

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute you are! hehe
    I wish I remembered more of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks Johlet.
      I do remember the weirdest things from my childhood.

      Delete