13.1.14

DIY leather bracelets

This past weekend I did a bit of DIY. I can't describe how good it felt to finally make something after such a long break. Oh and what did I make? Well a bracelet of course. I've decided that in 2014 I will wear more bracelets, mainly because I have so many of them and they never see the light of day. The bracelets I made this weekend are so easy to make. All three of these didn't even take me an hour. Now who doesn't love a quick and easy do-it-yourself bracelet?

What you'll need:
Leather string
Different colour threads
Pliers
Scissors
Hook clasps
Clasps
Chain




Method:

Start plaiting two strands of the leather string with one strand of the coloured thread. 

When you have reached the desired length attach the claps to each end of the plaits. 

It should now look something like this. 

Now attach a chain link to either end with a hook clasp on one end.  

After I made all three bracelets this is how they looked. 

Voila! There you have it, my three leather plaited bracelets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment