11.11.13

When bloggers meet up

On Saturday I attended the JHB Blogger Meet up (#JHBbloggermeetup) at Vovo Telo in Parkhurst, organised by the lovely Johlet from Our Journey to Everywhere. It was definitely the highlight of my weekend and was even more awesome than I could have possibly imagined it to be. I have to take my hat off to Johlet for organising such an amazing event!

Our little get together (ok big get together as we were 28 ladies) was kicked off by a welcome and break down of the morning’s activities by Johlet herself. We then had a motivational talk by the awe-inspiring Sue Levy from Just Pursue It. She brought up some very good points about how blogging is for you and no one else and how we has bloggers should support one another and not bring one another down.



After Sue’s speech it was time to order and oh boy was there some delicious options on the menu. This made my already indecisive mind even more indecisive. Thank goodness for patient and oh so helpful waiters, otherwise I think I would still be deciding (ok not really but you get the idea on how good the choices were). Once brunch was done we got down to mingling, mingling and some more mingling. It was so nice to be able to put faces and voices to so many of the blogs I love and admire, and to hear how people really like my posts. It’s always so reassuring to hear you’re actually blogging about stuff that people enjoy and find funny (I’m referring to those Friday Funnies). 



The cherry on the cake was of course the goodie bags we received. In the weeks leading up to the event Johlet had been tweeting about how surprised and thrilled we would all be about these goodie bags, but oh my goodness nothing could have prepared me for just how much of a goodie bag (more like bags) there would be. We were absolutely spoilt rotten. I’m having a problem packing it all away at home, not that I’m complaining...at all!


Once and again a huge thank you to Johlet for inviting me and organising such a wonderful event. I loved meeting each and every single one of the ladies. Hopefully there will be another meet up sometime soon. Thank you also to Zoya Africa for the beautiful manicures we got on the day. 

Another big thank you must go to all of the very generous sponsors:

11 comments:

  1. The #JHBBloggerMeetUp was such fun! Was great meeting you Mel, just wish we chatted a bit more! :)

    xxx Loren
    www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you as well Loren would have been nice to chat more. Getting a chance to chat properly with everyone was hard because there were so many of us....lol.

      Delete
  2. It look like a nice evening Mel!


    It will mean a lot if you have time to check my blog and maybe follow us if you like our blog?

    Hope to see you soon on it

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Emily. Will definitely have a look at your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh It's for posts like this that I will organise another and another and another (you get the drift) event all over again!
    If you are happy it means I did something right!
    Thank you so much for the kind words!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you organise another one I will definitely be there. You did such an amazing job!

      Delete
  4. Great post! It was such a an awesome day. I wish I could have chatted more to you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had more of a chance to chat as well. Will just have to make a plan to get together again I guess :)

      Delete
  5. If they had a blogger meet up in St. George, Utah where I live, I'm pretty sure two people would show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, maybe more will come along! :)

      Delete
  6. It was great to meet you - hope we get to meet again and chat some more! :-)

    Cocktails & Memories
    http://cocktailsandorgies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete