16.10.13

Oops, I did it again....

Every now and again we all have those foot in mouth moments, well I've had a few of them over the years. You think I would learn which comments to make or not to make. Topics to bring into conversation and what not to talk about in public. What I always find the funniest about these moments is that no matter how many years it's been I'll always cringe thinking back about that particular moment(s). Well very recently I had a social blunder of my own, and right after it happened all I wanted to do was crawl under a table and die. 



Not too long ago I was at a media launch for a new health brand, where the MC was a well known celebrity. During this celebrity's speech he talked about the people working in the emergency medical services and how much respect he has for them. So after the presentation when everyone was mingling I get introduced to said celebrity and I'm busy complementing him on the great presentation when the next second I say "Oh and it's so nice to hear you mention the medical emergency staff, my fiancé works in that field." It was right after I said it that this ran threw my mind, What am I twelve years old, you meet a celebrity and that's what you say?


Yes, it wasn't my finest hour and I'm sure it's not going to be the last time I make such a idiot of myself. Have you had any social blunders lately?

2 comments:

  1. Is there something wrong with me but I don't see anything wrong with what you said. You are proud of your other half and nothing wrong with expressing that! :)
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete