19.9.13

Let's get fictional

Today's Blogtember is a creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century." Now I'm not a very good story writer, I'm much better at telling the story of something that really happened. So here we go. 



To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century. These weren't exactly my most favourite group of people to hang out with. These were the kind of people who liked to flash their money around and rub it in everyone faces. It's not that I begrudged them their fame and fortune, but we didn't need to hear about it every five minutes. 

But this night was different. This time I was excited and nervous to see the whole group. That's because this time I had some big news to share and it was something that was going to blow them all away. It's was my moment to shine.

and that's where the story ends....


Had to leave you in some suspense.....

6 comments: