5.8.13

Stars and dots cupcakes

Two weekends ago a friend of mine asked me to help her out with some baked goods she wanted to photograph for her portfolio. So as I mentioned in a previous post one of things I baked was Cheesecake. Now I couldn't very well bake and not make one of my all-time favourite things...cupcakes! So I present to you, my stars and dot cupcakes.

Ingredients
4 eggs
250ml castor sugar
1 ½ cups flour
15ml baking powder
½ tsp salt
125ml oil
125ml boiling water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup Icing sugar
250g of cream cheese
½ Butter
Red colouring

Method
Preheat your oven to 180°.

Whisk eggs and castor sugar together until very light and pale.

Fold in the sifted dry ingredients.

Combine the oil and boiling water together. Beat in the oil and water combo along with the vanilla essence. Fill the paper cups and allow to bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Mix together the icing ingredients and ice it onto the cupcakes.

19 comments:

  1. So pretty! These would be perfect for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, these are adorable. I love your stand mixer color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda in love with my stand mixer..lol

      Delete
  3. These cupcakes look soo cute! I love your mixer. I have a dark silver one, my mom gave it to me for Christmas a few years back. I love using it sometimes I wish it was a fun colour though! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the colour isn't too important. What matters is that you have one of these awesome mixers;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the recipe! Those cupcakes look yummy! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's the best cupcake recipe I've found to date.

      Delete
  5. You make baking look so easy! haha Definitely not a talent of mine but I might just have to give the recipe to my sister to make ;)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks it can be pretty easy with the right recipe;)

      Delete
  6. looks so yummy http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/whatiwear-competition-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM, they look delicious!
    If only I weren't a mess in the kitchen, LOL!
    have a nice day Melanie!

    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious. Those stars toppers are so cute! Where did you get them?

    http://hannahjtenpas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah. I got them from the cutest little baking store near where I work. I'm pretty sure you could fins them online though as well.

      Delete