15.7.13

Reese's who...

This past weekend I had a real hankering for some Reese's peanut butter cups, but unfortunately they're not as readily available here in South Africa. This got me thinking to the time my sister and I decided to make our peanut bars. I can happily say they tasted almost exactly like Reese's. 

Ingredients

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 cup peanut butter
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter


Method:
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. 

Press evenly into the bottom of an un-greased pan.

In a metal bowl over simmering water, or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter. 

Stirring occasionally until smooth. 

Spread over the prepared crust. 

Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Oh and you're welcome....

9 comments:

  1. i HAVE to make these. thanks for sharing! and your pictures are great. when I take food pictures they always look gross. :)

    karissa
    kandkshaw.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Karissa. I do warn you though, they're so addictive!

      Delete
  2. My mouth is watering. They look better than Reeces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC. My mouth was watering just writing this post. I just might have to make these again!

      Delete
  3. Yummy! The Spar by my house always has Reese's PBC! LOVE THEM!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous right now, but it's maybe a good thing I cant find them all the time. My waistline won't be too happy with me...lol.

      Delete
  4. I deff need to do this.
    http://itstaylorelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete