29.7.13

Cheese baking...

This past weekend I did a little, OK maybe more like a lot of baking. A friend of mine (who happens to be a photographer) wanted to take photos of some baked goods and asked if I would mind supplying the baked goods. Now we all know how much I love to bake so of course I had no problem lending a hand. One of the things I baked is the fianc√©'s favourite...Cheesecake (and in honour of National Cheesecake day, 30 July). Oh and a pre-warning, this recipe is by no means a dieter's friend.

Ingredients
50g muscovado sugar
50g butter, melted
500g full-fat cream cheese
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
200ml double cream
100g digestive biscuits

Method

In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and muscovado sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix well. Place in the fridge and allow to set. 

In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence. 



Mixing it up properly. Make sure to get the bits at the bottom of the bowl. 

Spoon the cream mixture over the biscuit base. Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a spoon and chill the in the fridge for at least an hour or until it's set. 

Ta da....

13 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love cheese cake!!!!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one turned out particularly delicious.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious Mel!
    Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lulu. I do have to say it's one of the best Cheesecake recipes I've made.

      Delete
  3. Yum!! I've been looking for a good cheesecake recipe! I'll definitely be trying this one out. How cute is your purple mixer??

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I can't get enough of my mixer, it's the best.

      Delete
  4. absolutely lovely!! wonderful recipe!! :)
    visit my blog too and let me know if you would like to follow each other :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, follow you now) Hope you follow me back, it would be fantastic;)

    http://fancyshot.blogspot.ru

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so delicious! I love your purple kitchenaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple mixer is flippen fantastic!! Too cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my purple mixer! It's too awesome for words.

      Delete