10.6.13

It's an honour

Honoured, flattered, chuffed and so blessed. This is how I feel about being nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow blogger Sarah from Run Shop Eat Repeat. Now for those of you who don't know what the Liebster award is, it's an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, by other bloggers. It's such a fun and awesome way to give praise to other bloggers and let them know that you like what they've done (or do) on their blog.  

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

Each person must post 11 things about themselves.

Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
Choose people to nominate and link them in your post.

Go to their page and tell them.

No tag backs!


Well here it goes:

1. When did you start your blog?
I started blogging in my third year at University. It was part of a class project we had to do.

2. Why did you start it?
Well to be honest I started blogging only because it was for marks (University marks that is) and it died as soon as the academic year was up. Then a year later I decided to give it another go, this time with a much better indication of how I wanted my blog to come together, what I wanted to blog about and for who I wanted to blog. 
  
3. Favourite quote?
"A girl should be two things, fabulous and classy," Coco Chanel

4. Summer or winter?
Summer all the way. It's mainly because I'm so tiny so I tend to freeze throughout winter. I've walked around my house wearing winter pyjamas, my gown, socks, slippers and clutching a hot water bottle. I wear a minimum of three layers during winter. 

5. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
Somewhere by the coast. So that I can spend my summer weekends lazing on the beach reading a book or two. 

6. What's something you can't leave the house without?
My iPhone, yes I'm one of those people who loves their phone. But it's very useful to me as some of my blog posts are inspired by the photos I take with my phone. 

7. What's your dream job?
To be a community manager for a big time fashion label, household goods company or wine farm. 

8. Favorite food?
If you've been following this blog for a while you'll instantly know the answer to this....sushi. I write/obsess about it enough. 

9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hmm, married (no kids, I need a lot more prep for those), located somewhere down by the coast, working as a community manager for an awesome brand and being deliriously happy.  

10. What's your go-to drink?
Wine. Wow, I answered that one with way too much ease *hides head in shame.*

11. Have a piece of advice you'd give to your teenage self?
You'll always be shorter than everyone else but instead of hating it, embrace it as later in life you'll discover the huge benefits of being tiny. 



So here are my nominations for the Liebster award and their questions.

Let's Keep Laughing
Loveliness of life
Lego House
At This Stage
Our Journey To Everywhere
Blonde In This City
Just Nat
The Start of The Shaws

1. What made you start a blog?
2. Favourite destination?
3. If you could be/do anything what would you do?
4. Favourite past time?
5. What's your worst habit?
6. Cooking or baking, which do you prefer?
7. A summer's day at the beach or a rainy day curled up on the couch?
8. Your most prized possession?
9. What is your proudest moment?
10. Guilty pleasure?
11. Ultimate pet peeve?

Have fun ladies and happy blogging.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... I am so excited to be a part of this! Thank you so much for finding my blog!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of blogs nominating other blogs. You're so welcome. Enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Love your answer to #4! Even in the summer I sleep in flannel pj's and socks. I think I'm cold-blooded..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, right now I'm under a fleece blanket and in front of the gas heater. Today has been freezing!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating me girl! And I love that Coco Chanel quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I love your blog :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers and thanks so much for nominating me... what a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, it's always such a nice surprise when a fellow blogger recognises your blog.

      Delete
  5. I've just nominated you for the award! Damn that other Sarah for getting in before me. So if you fancy some more questions pop on over!
    Sarah xx
    Margarita Rambles,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! A second nomination, now that's even better news. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic award! I think this is a great way of acknowledging bloggers that may be more "under-the-radar", but that are very talented and enjoyable to follow. Congrats on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was such a nice surprise to wake up to on Sunday morning :)

      Delete
  7. i think i like winter better than summer. my office is always freezing and i always look like an idiot in summer walking out of work in a coat when its 100 outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ,my sister has the same problem at her office. I like winter for the coats and boots but I'm a total beach bum ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for nominating me!! I loved reading your answers, hopefully I can get around to this soon, especially now that I've gotten two of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I've also received two nominations, both were a complete surprise! :)

      Delete