17.6.13

Garden lights

It's been so cold here lately that I've dreaming about the return of summer. I can just see it now, working during the week and having weekends made up of lazy Saturday evenings or Sunday afternoons with friends and family  Everyone getting together for a big feast. Now of there is one thing I love about summer nights, it's getting to sit outside with a few candles lighting up the garden. That's what brought on the inspiration for my latest DIY project. 

What you'll need:
Pliers
Glass bottles
Candles
Ribbon
Cellotape
Wire



Secure a piece of wire around the mouth of the glass bottle.
Use another piece of wire to create a handle, 
this is so that you'll be able to hang the bottle from a tree branch.

Wrap the ribbon around the bottle and secure it with some tape.

Place a candle in each of the bottles.

There you have it you're garden lighting is done. 

6 comments:

  1. What a cute and simple DIY! My birthday is coming up and I have been looking for decorating ideas. I might just use this one!

    Ashley
    http://allthatglitters.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's so simple, took me less than an hour to make all four.

      Delete
  2. You are very creative! Dang! :)
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an awesome idea! We have a mango tree in the backyard that these would be perfect for. Although it's 100 degrees here, I can't wait for summer nights in the backyard. : )

    Vonae Deyshawn
    www.myvirtueplace.com

    ReplyDelete