3.6.13

Braided headbands

Just the other day I was browsing around the shops when I came across some beautiful headbands. I instantly fell in love with their beautiful colour combinations and designs, but they were a tad expensive for just headbands. That's when I got my bright idea, why don't I just make my own set of headbands. 

What you'll need:
Material
Scirrors


Cut your material into three strips.

Tie the three strips together in a small knot.

Braid the stands together. 
Once you have completed the braid, finish it off with another knot. 

When you're done your headbands should look like this. 
Tie the ends together and voila your headbands are done. 

14 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I have to try this. thanks for sharing

    karissa
    kandkshaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Glad someone else liked it. They were actually a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx for the idea, I'm always looking for DIY stuff
    http://almondeyedenid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. I made a similar army green one , never thought of making a colour combo , these look gorgeous .

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only saw the nice colour combo opportunity once I gathered all my material together...lol

      Delete
  5. WOW i love this!
    http://johced-ourjourneytoeverywhere.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea! I guess its quite firm with a bit of stretch to fit comfortably on your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip, I used a fabric that had a little stretch to it because I do like my headbands nice and tight.

      Delete