24.5.13

The not so pretty me

Day 24 of the blog everyday in May challenge is your top three worst traits. I'm not going to lie, this is my least favourite post so far. No one likes focusing on the bad things about themselves! So let's get this over with. 

I'm a bit of a know it all
This has got to be the one thing I hate the most about myself. It's such a unflattering aspect in a person. I don't know what is with me that I have this desire to always be right and act like I know everything?! I find it annoying when others are this way, yet I do the same. I do work very hard at not being this way though. 



Procrastinator of note
Yes, I am always busy and yes I do get everything done but it takes a whole lot of procrastination before I get anything done or even started for that matter. While I was at University I once repacked and organised my whole entire cupboard in an effort to not have to sit down and start studying. The good thing is that once I get to the point of sitting down and doing something I get it done and won't leave it alone until it's finished. 

Neat freak
While being a neat freak can be a strong trait it can also be a vey bad trait. I get so pedantic about things constantly having to be tidy and in their right places. I think I drive my poor boyfriend inane sometimes. For example he'll be cooking and I'll pack away around him, then he'll turn around and say "Babe I was still using that." I have improved slightly though, now I ask him "Are you done with this?" before packing it away or placing it in the dishwasher. lol

Well there you have it, the ugly truth...

18 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I'll often put things off a little longer than I should, but then I get obsessed with finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I'm not alone on that one...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I'm the complete opposite - I'm so messy it drives my other half nuts!

    www.daisybisley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a type of neat freak... except that I like to throw things away.. like last weekend, I threw away $20 in stamps because my 'keep' pile got mixed with my throw-away pile.... ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yip I've done that before as well. Cleaned out my closet and discovered a few months later that I threw out something I actually wanted to keep.

      Delete
  5. I've had to work on the know it all aspect for a long time. I'm pretty sure I'm MUCH better, but there still are times. It's actually kind of either I feel confident that I know it, or I basically feel unconfident about everything I know. I need to find some balance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that these days I just tend to keep quiet. Lol

      Delete
  6. Haha, I kind of want to be a neat freak but I am not at all. I hate mess but I am too lazy to do anything about it! I lived with a girl who was a neat freak and it was so much hard work! We couldn't finish a cup of tea without her ready to take it back in the kitchen and wash it before we had the change to take the last sip and put it on the coffee table!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, ok thankfully I'm no that bad a neat freak ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a neat freak too! I have been known to take my partners plate away before he has finished eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, I've done that before and then comes the voice through the house "I was still busy with that"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course this was the least favorite post of myself.. that's why I gosh dang skipped it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contemplated that as well, but then the thought of not completeing something freaked me out. Haha

      Delete
  11. I'm not a huge procrastinator, I like to get things done way before they're due and if I can't I get hugely stressed out about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should apply that strategy? Then I can't procrastinate too much!

      Delete
  12. Hey thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You have such great posts on here! I'll have some more up really soon! :)

    http://www.fivefootlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. That's a really nice thing to say. I do wonder sometimes if people read my posts and think what on earth is she on about...lol.

      Delete