2.5.13

The enthusiastic baker

Day two of the blog everyday in May challenge is “educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.” Now I may not necessarily be a complete expert on the topic but I am most definitely an avid fan and enthusiast and I consider myself to be quite good at it. I’ve baked cup cakes, cakes, tarts, macrons, cookies, bread rolls and many more. 

I have learn’t a lot over the course of my baking adventures, picked up a few tips and tricks, and even made a how to guide of my own. I have always had a love for baking but it wasn’t until I started my blog (a little over a year ago) that I really felt challenged to bake more and try the more interesting recipes.




Here are some of the tips baking tips:


  1. Never use cold eggs, they should always be room temperature. Room temperature eggs helps the mixture to emulsify properly.
  2. When lining a pan with butter, always use a pastry brush because it will ensure proper and even coverage.
  3. Always rotate you pan(s) during baking. That way your baked goods are evenly baked across all sides.
  4. Once you have removed a cake from the oven, allow it to "cool" upside down. This will even out the top of the cake and make staking easier.  

4 comments:

  1. Good advice there. I hadn't thought about cooling the cake upside down. I love to bake, so will try that out next time I make a cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm always happy to help especially for a fellow baker :)

      Delete
  2. I really learned something new today, about the eggs and room temperature. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. That one I learn't from watching Nigella's shows :)

      Delete