31.5.13

Little girl adventures

Well it's about that time. The time when this challenge has to end *insert sad face here.* I had so much fun doing this challenge and I'm even more surprised that I actually managed to blog everyday (go me). Throughout the challenge I discovered new and exciting blogs to follow, made a new blogger friend or two and discussed a topic(s) that I had never discussed before on my blog. I'm so happy I did this challenge and I will jump at the chance to do another one like this. Well, before I get any 'deeper' on the topic let's get to today's post. 

Day 31 of the blog every day in May challenge is a vivid memory. Now when I think vivid memory I think of my childhood and all the adventures my sister and I had as little girls. The time we drank yogurt with a straw and thought we were such geniuses for making this discovery, little did we know Yogi sip had just been released. 

The tea parties we would have in the garden with all our dolls and if the dogs happened to be around they got roped into joining the tea party as well. I think we might even have made them wear hats. Which explains why they would run away anytime we carried any form of dolls clothing in their direction. 


The millions of tiny ponytails we would attempt to tie in my dad's already thin hair, oh and don't forget that we would use all of our biggest scrunchies. The hairstyles never lasted long, I mean you can't tie one strand of hair with such a big scrunchie...lol

The dress up parties we would have with my mom's old clothes and then proceed to walk around the house in her high heels thinking we were all that. 

Oh my sister and I had so many different adventures. There is the spaceship story line, the office party, the library that we ran from our bedrooms and our imaginary horses that were actually big rocks in our backyard.  These however are stories for another time, because otherwise this post would never end.

So thanks for sticking around and reading all of my blog everyday in May posts. 

12 comments:

  1. I always wanted sisters so I could do all these cool things with them. Instead I got an annoying brother who used to take my dolls!
    I used to love dressing up in my nanna's hats and shoes and walking round the streets in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you didn't have to fight someone for the dolls and dress up clothes. I always wanted to wear what my sister had on...lol.

      Delete
    2. Aaaaaah totally cool :) So am I haha! Nice to finally connect with someone from a shared country :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Always so nice to find a fellow South African :)

      Delete
  2. Agree with Rachel :) I have 2 older brothers :o was a huge pain in the childhood haha! :p Great blog you have here, was just wondering if you're a South African blogger? Could help but notice all the travel posts and beach pics :)

    http://magicinacupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am South African indeed and I can never get enough of the beach ;)

      Delete
  3. So cool that you have these memories with your sister! I too LOVED dressing up in my mom's clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do realise that now, how lucky I am to have had this kind of childhood. Growing up in a small town where playing in the street (till it was dark out) and big gardens was possible.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on completing the blog challenge! I remember having tea parties too, such innocent times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes a small part of me misses those innocent tea parties;)

      Delete
  5. YAY on finishing the challenge! That's awesome. I loved playing dress up. It was my favourite thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I still play dress up except now it's with clothes I would actually be seen in ;)

      Delete