10.5.13

Floor swallow me now

Day ten of the blog everyday in May challenge is the most embarrassing moment. Truth be told I have way too many embarrassing moments, yes I am a bit of a goofball. I'm always making funny noises (even while carrying out mundane tasks) and talking to myself...I do that a lot. Now in order for you to really understand my embarrassment from this story you're going to need some background information. 

When I was 19 my parents decided to live the international life and move overseas (actually dad had to go for work) so they left my sister and I living together in the house. They would visit and they still do visit on a regular basis whenever my dad has business in town. Two years after they moved overseas my sister got engaged and moved in with her now husband. I was then left living on my own in a four bedroom house. Yes it is scary at times, but so much fun as well. So when you live on your own you kinda get into a few habits. You know like talking to yourself, entertaining yourself and walking through the house singing at the top of your lungs (and totally out of key might I add). 


Now that's the background information done so lets get to the real story. 

A year or two ago my parents were out here for one of their visits. On this particular day my mom was out shopping or something, I was home studying (I like to close my bedroom door, even though I live alone) for a varsity exam and my dad had gone to work. On one of my many coffee breaks I was walking to the kitchen with a blanket wrapped over my head and body like it was a giant hoodie (as one does). Not only was I covered in this colourful blanket but I also happened to be signing and making funny voices. While waiting for the kettle to boil I stood in front of the oven and made funny voices to my own reflection in the glass. It was a little something along the lines of "Luke I am your father," which proceeded to a Austin Powers rendition of "Daddy wasn't there to take me to the fair." 

The next thing I knew there stand both my parents in the doorway to the kitchen staring at me with that expression of "WTF are you doing?" As it turns out, while I was studying behind my closed door my dad had returned from his meeting and my mom had come home from the shops. Now being your parents they kinda understand your crazyness, not that it made the moment any less embarrassing and being my family the moment got repeated to my sister, brother-in-law and boyfriend that night at dinner. 

You just have to love family hey...

7 comments:

  1. Caught! I have definitly done this sort of thing all too often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I am starting to discover a lot more people who do it as well. So we're all just goofy together;)

      Delete
  2. I can really relate to this, only with two sisters doing exactly the same it's becomes less embarrassing and less interesting for my parents.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now resorted to just doing it in front of all of them anyway....lol.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful blog checkout my latest post at
    http://togetherfornature.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-colors-are-in-rainbow-in-order.html
    don't be shy to leave a comment and like us on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that. It really made me laugh out loud as you painted the picture so well. It's so easy to get caught like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, glad you had a good laugh. My family brings up this particular story every now and again and we just laugh so much.

      Delete