25.4.13

Last minute spaghetti

I recently had a craving for a delicious pasta dinner with mushrooms and bacon but none of the cooking sauces in my grocery cupboard were grabbing my fancy. So I decided to put a little something together with what I had in my fridge. I surprised myself completely with this meal because it ended up tasting way better than I could have possibly imagined. 

Ingredients:
A serving of spaghetti
Olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic
1 packet of bacon, cut up
1 packet of mushrooms, sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon flour
1/3 cup cream
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Method:

 Start cooking spaghetti according to package instructions.


In a large pan heat the olive oil and garlic until fragrant, then add the bacon and sauté.


Add the mushrooms, cream, milk and allow to simmer. Stir in the flour and stir continuously. Once the sauce has started boiling add the soy sauce and black pepper.


Combine the sauce, bacon and mushrooms with the spaghetti and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment