12.2.13

International pancake day

In light of the fact that it is International Pancake Day and I am avid fan of pancakes I have decided to share this scrumptious (healthy) pancake recipe with you. My sister and I made it not too long ago. Oh and a few times since then (did I mention we love pancakes...lol). I hope you enjoy your International Pancake day celebrations. 

Sweet Corn pancakes and avo salad

Ingredients:
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg , beaten
150ml milk
1 large tin sweetcorn (about 340g), drained
4 spring onions , chopped (use the green bits as well)
1 avocado , cut into small chunks
150g cherry tomatoes , halved
¼ cucumber , cut into small chunks
Olive oil



Method:
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, egg and milk and season well. Stir in the sweetcorn and half the spring onions. 
Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tsp oil and cook spoonfuls of the batter until golden. 
Mix the rest of the spring onions with the avocado, tomatoes and cucumber.  over and cook the other side. 
Put 3-4 pancakes on a plate and serve the avocado salad on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment