16.1.13

RRRRiiiibbbiiiiitttt...

I love baking and my ultimate favourite thing to bake is cupcakes. I don't know what is it but there is something about these small cake delights that I just cant get enough of (weird I know...lol). This past weekend I decided to try something a little different with my cupcakes. I attempted to make cream cheese frog cupcakes. Although they were so much fun to make (my inner child came out when it came to decorating them), they didn't really end up looking like frogs. Well maybe they did...if you looked at them from a certain angle. 

Ingredients
200g butter, at room temperature
215g (1 cup) caster sugar
3 eggs
375g (2 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
125ml (1/2 cup) milk
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
Preheat your oven to 180°C.

Use an electric beater to beat the butter and caster sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined. 
Stir in flour, milk and half the vanilla until well combined.

Add the green food colouring.

Divide the mixture among prepared pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

250g cream cheese, at room temperature
300g (2 cups) icing sugar mixture
2-3 drops of green liquid food colouring
20 green fruit ring lollies, halved (I used jelly tots)
2 strips black licorice, cut into small pieces

Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese until soft. Gradually beat in the icing sugar. Beat in food colouring and remaining vanilla.

Spread the icing over cupcakes. Decorate with the lollies and licorice.

No comments:

Post a Comment