28.1.13

Fashion keys

This past weekend I decided it was time to clear out and reorganize my clothing cupboard. I always love doing this as I get reminded as to what is in my cupboard, what I haven’t worn in a while (but I’m not ready to throw away just yet) and items that could work well together. As much as I love clearing out, there are some key pieces that I will always have in my cupboard and if I do throw any of them out, I end up replacing them almost immediately. These are what you would call fashion keys. They’re fashion keys because they are so versatile and can be used to build your own style. Now for some of you these pieces may be a no-brainier but for others it could be that helpful fashion tip. These are eight pieces that should be every girl’s cupboard.

Black and White Shirts
A black or white top can be worn with almost everything in your cupboard. They are the most handy tops you will ever own. I wear mine more times than I can mention and I’m always buying different versions of these classic tees.

Little Black Dress (LBD)
This item has stood the fashion test of time and will always be something that is fashionable. For me the LBD is my ‘fail safe’ if I don’t know what else to wear to an event or party.

Jeans
Jeans can be worn to almost any event. They are the most versatile piece of clothing you will own because they can be dressed up with a smart shirt and heels or dressed down with a t-shirt and sneakers.

Blazer
Blazers are fantastic because they can make any outfit look instantly smarter and well put together. I love wearing my (different coloured) blazers with skinny jeans and ballet pumps.

Collared Shirt
I like to wear my (over-sized) collared shirt  with skinny jeans and pumps for a classic yet smart look.

Skirt
A skirt is like your jeans, it can be paired with heels and a smart shirt for a smart look or a t-shirt and flats for the casual vibe.

Boots
Boots are perfect for those cold and breeze days. They go so well with a pair of skinny jeans, a comfy coat and scarf.

Coat
Now this item goes without say. I just love coats. For me they are the best part about winter. I wear them with my winter skirts, long pants, boots and a scarf.

With these pieces in your closet you’ll be hitting all the right fashion notes every day.  

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog off LaurenConrad.com's forum! I love all of these items!! Ugh definitely makes me wish I had more money to spend on clothes! I'm your newest follower and excited to see your upcoming posts
    XO Courtney
    Follow me back at www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete